Moonwalkers Shoes Review: Learn everything you need to know about the world’s fastest shoes that let you walk at the speed of a run.
If you are looking for a new way to get around faster and easier, you might have heard of Moonwalkers, the “world’s fastest shoes” that let you walk at the speed of a run. But what are they exactly, how do they work, and are they safe and comfortable to use? In this blog post, we will review the Moonwalkers shoes and answer these questions and more.
What are Moonwalkers?
Moonwalkers are battery-powered shoes that attach to your regular shoes and propel you forward with a motor and wheels. They are designed by Shift Robotics, a Pittsburgh-based robotics and engineering company that raised over $320,000 on Kickstarter for the project. The company claims that Moonwalkers can boost your walking speed by 250%, reaching up to 7 mph, which is faster than the average running speed of 6 mph.
They also claim that Moonwalkers are safer than other micro-mobility devices like e-scooters or skateboards, because they allow you to stay on the sidewalks and avoid traffic.
How do Moonwalkers work?
Moonwalkers look like a cross between Teva sandals and roller skates. They have eight polyurethane wheels, three on each side, one at the back and one at the front. Two of the side wheels are stacked on top of each other, which allows them to simulate larger diameter wheels and climb over uneven terrain. The wheels are driven by a state-of-the-art brushless DC motor and a gearbox that are hidden inside the shoe. The shoes also have a battery pack that can be charged with a USB cable in an hour and a half and last for six miles.
To use Moonwalkers, you wear your regular shoes and slide them into the straps of the robo-shoes. The straps have comfort padding and magnetic quick-release buckles for easy adjustment and removal. The shoes start in “lock mode” with the brakes on, to prevent you from freewheeling down the sidewalk. To unlock the wheels, you lift your right heel and flick it toward your left leg until an LED light on the side turns green1.
Then you can walk normally and feel the shoes propel you forward. To stop or slow down, you just lean back slightly or step on the brake pedal at the back of the shoe. You can also switch back to lock mode with another heel flick if you need to climb stairs or cross roads.
Moonwalkers have an ergonomic hinge system that allows your foot to bend naturally at your toes, preserving your mobility and balance. They are also IP54 water resistant, which means they can withstand rain and small puddles.
Are Moonwalkers safe and comfortable?
Moonwalkers are designed to be safe and comfortable for users of all ages and sizes. They have a weight limit of 300 lbs and can fit any shoe size from US 5 to US 13. They also have a speed limit of 7 mph, which is slower than most e-scooters or skateboards, but still faster than walking or jogging. The company says that Moonwalkers are meant to be used on the sidewalks, not on the streets, which lowers the risk of collision with cars or other vehicles1.
However, Moonwalkers are not without challenges or risks. For one thing, they are quite heavy, weighing 4.2 lbs each, which is eight times heavier than a regular pair of Nikes1. This means that wearing them for a long time might cause fatigue or discomfort in your legs or feet.
For another thing, they require some practice and skill to use them properly and safely. You need to learn how to balance yourself on the wheels, how to control your speed and direction, how to avoid obstacles and pedestrians, and how to stop or switch modes when needed. Some users might find this difficult or intimidating at first.
Moreover, Moonwalkers are not legal everywhere. Some cities or states might have regulations or restrictions on using motorized devices on sidewalks or public spaces. You should check your local laws before buying or using Moonwalkers in your area.
Moonwalkers are an innovative and futuristic product that promise to make walking faster and easier. They are powered by a motor and wheels that boost your walking speed by 250%, reaching up to 7 mph. They are also safer than other micro-mobility devices like e-scooters or skateboards, because they allow you to stay on the sidewalks and avoid traffic.
However, Moonwalkers are not perfect. They are heavy, expensive ($1,400 per pair), and require some training and skill to use them properly and safely. They are also not legal everywhere, so you should check your local laws before buying or using them.
If you are interested in trying out Moonwalkers for yourself, you can order them online at shiftrobotics.io with a refundable deposit of $50. They will start shipping in summer 2023 in the United States only.
We hope this blog post has given you some useful information about Moonwalkers shoes. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. Thank you for reading!
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about Moonwalker’s shoes:
- How fast do Moonwalkers shoes go? Moonwalkers shoes can go up to 7 mph, which is faster than the average running speed of 6 mph1. They can also boost your walking speed by 250%, which means you can walk as fast as you can run with Moonwalkers2.
- How much will Moonwalkers cost? Moonwalkers shoes will cost $1,400 per pair, which is quite expensive compared to other micro-mobility devices or regular shoes1. However, you can order them online at shiftrobotics.io with a refundable deposit of $50 and pay the rest when they are ready to ship1.
- What size are Moonwalkers shoes? Moonwalkers shoes can fit any shoe size from US 5 to US 13. They have adjustable straps with comfort padding and magnetic quick-release buckles that make them easy to put on and take off1. They also have a weight limit of 300 lbs, so they can accommodate users of different sizes1.
- What robotic company made the world’s fastest shoes? The world’s fastest shoes were made by Shift Robotics, a Pittsburgh-based robotics and engineering company that was founded in 2018 by Xunjie Zhang, a graduate of Carnegie Mellon University’s Robotics Institute2. The company specializes in developing innovative and futuristic products that enhance human mobility and performance2.
- Who invented moonwalk shoe? The moonwalk shoe was invented by Xunjie Zhang, the founder and CEO of Shift Robotics. He came up with the idea after he almost got hit by a car while riding a scooter on the street. He wanted to create a device that would allow people to walk faster and safer on the sidewalks, without having to deal with traffic or pollution2.
- How do the moonwalk shoes work? The moonwalk shoes work by using a motor and wheels that propel you forward when you walk normally. They have a battery pack that can be charged with a USB cable in an hour and a half and last for six miles1. They also have an ergonomic hinge system that allows your foot to bend naturally at your toes, preserving your mobility and balance1.
- You can control the speed and direction of the shoes by leaning forward or backward, or stepping on the brake pedal at the back of the shoe1. You can also switch between lock mode and unlock mode with a simple heel flick gesture2.